Monday 21 November 2011

Finished!!!!









Doubts and difficulties are a thing of the past! I don't often write about my own work but I could not resist showing you all the famous baby blanket now it's finished. After all, if you've been coming to the knitting club regularly, you'll have lived with this project as long as me. I'm sending it off tomorrow and I'm sorry you won't have the chance to see it in the flesh. Needless to say, I worried for nothing - it's actually turned out very well and I like it alot. It's colourful, soft, pretty and cosy with a vintage, but quite contemporary feel. It's lovely! I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (from Stoffenidee in Ghent), a size 4.0mm hook and a basic Afghan pattern. To finish, I crocheted two rounds of double crochet in white, then a row of treble's in green, a row of trebles in purple, a row of trebles in white and then a simple picot stitch edging. What more can I say, except that it took A LOT of time!

Here are the 2011-2012 dates for your diaries:

Volgende afspraak: zondag 4 december, 11am - 3pm.

Geen brei club in januari.

Terug op de eerste zondag in februari, zondag 5th februari, 11am - 3pm.

And have you seen Sini's Etsy shop? Ladies and gentlemen, if you ever doubted you could sell your knitting on line, you CAN!!! Let this be an encouragement to us all and, Sini, we wish you lots of luck and success with your new venture. Let us know how it goes. http://www.etsy.com/people/sinthashop?ref=pr_profile

2 comments:

  1. You're right, a blanket like this has to be sent away as soon as possible, otherwise you'd be too tempted to keep it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! your blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete